A First Aid Box should be one of the most important things in your home, place of work or as one of the essentials when going on a trip.
A First Aid kit should be one of the most important things in your home, place of work or as one of the essentials when going on a trip. In this article, we at hippotechgroup.com will try to come up with an exhaustive list of the must-have items in a First Aid Box in Cameroon.
First Aid Box Items List in Cameroon
What is a First Aid Box?
This is a collection of items that can and will come in handy in an emergency health situation. This can either be a quick fix to a minor injury, health crisis or simply the first treatment given to a patient before trained health personnel attend to them.
What Items Should be in Your First Box in Cameroon?
A First Aid kit should be able to cater for things like burns, sprains, bruises, fevers, gastrointestinal problems, and other common problems at home or the workplace.
1. Since one of the most crucial times your First Aid Box comes into use is in the event of burns, bruises, sprains and injuries, every First Aid kit should have all or most of the following:
- Cleaning and disinfecting agents like betadine, oxygenated water, alcohol, cotton and gloves
- Dressing agents like gauze pads, bandages and plasters
- Topical treatments like antibiotic ointments and Balms for burns and sprains
2. Thermometer, scissors, safety pins and tweezers.
3. OTC Medication
Your First Aid Box should have a good collection of over-the-counter (OTC) medication against the following:
- Antimigraine: against severe headaches (e.g., paracetamol, Panadol, Aspirin, ibuprofen)
- Antipyretics e.g., Doliprane and Efferalgan
- Antihistamines are medications used against swellings and other reactions to allergy-like influenza, common cold and skin rash.
- Activated Charcoal is another essential item that should feature in your First Aid Box. It is helpful in so many life-saving situations, including ingesting poisons and being subject to snake bites.
- Insect repellent and laxative should also be included in your First Aid Box.
4. Prescription drugs (if any)
Your First Aid Box will not be complete if it misses a particular medication you are on. Always consult your health care providers to give you a full list of drugs you must have handy at all times.
If you can assemble all or most of these items, you have a handy First-Aid Box at your disposal.
Finally, ensure at least one book on first aid as part of your first aid box and a list of reference pharmacies and emergency medical services in your locality.