You can get a family allowance in Cameroon if you meet specific requirements. For example, each parent can apply for the family allowance
You can get a family allowance in Cameroon if you meet specific requirements. For example, each parent can apply for the family allowance if they are living (or living with) in Cameroon in a household with at least one child or grandchild.
According to the International Social Security Association, there are over 180 countries that provide social security for their citizens. However, each country creates different laws about how and when families can take advantage of family allowance for their families.
This article is on how to get a family allowance in Cameroon. We will also give you a simple step-by-step guide on applying for this family allowance.
What is a Family Allowance?
How Much is a Family Allowance in Cameroon?
How to Get a Family Allowance in Cameroon
Documents Required to Apply for a Family Allowance
- For all legal Children under age 21, get a handwritten birth certificate from the municipal council signed by the Mayor.
- Get a handwritten marriage certificate signed by the Mayor if you are married.
- Also, should you have children above 6 years, get a school attendance certificate or apprenticeship certificate. This proves that the child or children are going to school.
- If you have children from 0 - 6 years, get a collective life certificate from the D.O.
- Get photocopies of all birth certificates and marriage certificates.
- Also, get a photocopy of your national ID card (Applicant) and that of your spouse.
- If your child was not declared to the government during the expected time frame ( 3 months) as prescribed by the law, you would need to get a court declaration.
- In case you have a misspelled name, get the .......document.
- Also, get form number 5 Attestation sur l'honneur de non perception d une allocation familiale d'un autre régime public(attestation of Non-perception of family allowance by another scheme).
- Should you be married and your spouse is unemployed, get form number 2 (Attestation sur Honneur Non-Fonction) from the CNPS website. This form should be filled and signed by your spouse.
- Last but not least, get an engagement form (declaration sur honneur). This is the CNPS mobile money form or bank account.
- It is vital to note that no CNPS document should carry a fiscal or communal stamp.