You can be paid a maternity leave if you meet certain requirements and you are insured. In Cameroon, if you are on maternity leave,
You can be paid maternity leave if you meet certain requirements and you are insured. In Cameroon, if you are on maternity leave, 100% of the insured's last monthly earnings is paid for four weeks before and 10 weeks after the expected date of childbirth. It may be extended up to six weeks after childbirth if there are complications resulting from pregnancy or childbirth.
What is a Maternity Leave?
Maternity leave is the right given to employees to take up some months’ leave on giving birth. To be eligible for leave, the employee must give notice of their pregnancy in a particular form and must specify when they wish to commence their leave. In some situations, maternity leave can start earlier than planned (eg in some cases when the employee is sick due to a pregnancy-related reason or if they give birth prematurely).
How to Apply for Maternity Leave in Cameroon
- A handwritten birth certificate of the child signed by the Mayor.
- Get a handwritten maternity leave decision from your employer.
- Download forms number 12 (Certificat frais médicaux d'accouchement), 13 (Certificat de frais Médicaux du Premier examen Prénatal), and 14 (Certificat de frais Médicaux du second examen Prénatal). These forms are found on the Online Services tab (Service en Ligne) under Imprimes. Print out the forms and ensure all of them are signed by a recognized doctor or nurse.
- Also, get a resumption of duty document from your employer.
- Check your maternity leave allowance.
- Check your medical expenses.
- Check your pre-natal allowances.
- To earn this leave, you must be tele-declared by your employer (meaning your employer should have registered you at CNPS and they must be regular in their tele-declaration.
- It is vital to note that no CNPS document should carry a fiscal or communal stamp.
- How to Add a Child to Your Family Allowance
- How to Apply for Family Allowance in Cameroon
- How to Apply for Your Pension Allowance in Cameroon
- How to Apply for a Survivor Pension in Cameroon
- How to Get a CNPS Number