So many Cameroonians, after the dead of their love ones face challenges on how to apply for their a survivor pension.
So many Cameroonians, after the death of their loved ones, face challenges on how to apply for their survivor pension. This article is a guide on how to apply for a survivor pension via CNPS (NSIF) and enjoy the benefits.
What is a Survivor Pension?
Survivor pensions are the benefits paid to the dependant of a scheme member who has died either before or after the member has started to collect the pension income.
Who is Eligible for the Survivor Pension?
How to Apply for a Survivor Pension in Cameroon (For Widows, Widowers & Children)
In this article, we will look at how to apply for maternity leave in Cameroon. These steps will be looked at below:
Step 1: Go to the CNPS Website
Step 2: Click on the Online Services tab (Service en Ligne).
Step 3: Now click on Imprimes
Step 4: Scroll down to form number 1 (Attestation administrative donnant la situation familiale) and form number 20 (Demande de pension de survivants). Click and Download these forms.
Step 5: The applicant should fill in number 20. Also, the applicant should fill in form number 1 with a witness who attests to the worthiness of the information in the document.
Step 6: After filling in form number 1, ensure it is signed by the Divisional Officer.
After filling the above-mentioned forms, attach the following documents listed below:
- A handwritten birth certificate for children under 21 at the Council signed by the Mayor.
- Make a photocopy of birth certificates for all your children and have them signed at the council.
- Photocopy of a marriage certificate.
- Also, get a handwritten copy of a marriage certificate signed by the Mayor.
- The widow/widower should get a copy of life certificate at the office of the Divisional Officer (take along a photocopy of your national ID card).
- Photocopy the pension decision of the deceased if its available.
- A signed copy of the national ID card of wife or wives with that of the deceased. These documents should be signed at the police.
- Attestation of Bank account or CNPS MoMo form.
- It is vital to note that no CNPS document should carry a fiscal or communal stamp.