I'd like to share the current requirements for opening a current and savings account with Ecobank Cameroon. It is worth noting that the procedures
I'd like to share the current requirements for opening a current and savings account with Ecobank Cameroon. It is worth noting that the procedures for opening a bank account in Cameroon are straightforward. These requirements can only differ from one bank to the next.
Ecobank Cameroon is amongst the most trusted banks in Cameroon. It has over 22 locations and more than 500 workers.
Ecobank Cameroon (ECM) is governed by the Banking Commission of the CEMAC Region (COBAC), the CEMAC Region's governing body for the banking industry, which is overseen by the Bank of Central Banks (BEAC). It is growing at a rate of 4.8 per cent.
With a large client base and easy access, many Cameroonians who intend to enjoy their services tend to search for the requirements to open an account (Current & Savings).
Requirements to Open a Current and Savings Account With Ecobank Cameroon
- Photocopy of a valid national identity card. If you possess a national identity card receipt, you are expected to legalise it and come along with a photocopy of the birth certificate.
- Three (03) passport size photographs.
- A site plan of residence (a sketch map of where you live).
- An initial deposit of 25,000 Fcfa if you open a Current account and 50,000 Fcfa for a Savings account.
- Sonel bill/water bill or Housing contract (tenancy agreement).
- Justification of revenue, i.e. proof of funds (copy of payment voucher, professional card, attestation of employment or contract).
- Unique Identification Number (UIN)
How Much do you Need to Open an Ecobank Account in Cameroon?
- Initial deposit Current account - 25,000 Fcfa
- Initial deposit Savings account - 50,000 Fcfa
- Initial deposit Students account - 2,000 Fcfa
What is the Customer Care/Help Desk Contact Number for Ecobank Cameroon?
- +237 233 50 53 00 or +237 233 50 53 50