Mpesa agent (mobile money agent) is a service of the Vodacom Group introduced in several countries, and it has been operating in these countries
Mpesa agent (mobile money agent) is a service of the Vodacom Group introduced in several countries, and it has been operating in these countries for some years now. Most recently, Vodacom Lesotho instituted this mobile money service, making it easy for its clients to transfer and receive money nationwide and internationally.
This service allows cash transfers to people who do not have a bank account anywhere in Lesotho. Simply, Vodacom Lesotho employs or registers Agents who carry out cash withdrawals for customers without an ATM card or POS machines. This is a cardless withdrawal.
The sender can approach a Retail agent and initiate a transfer of funds. The funds can also be redeemed using the token generated at an agent's location. Sending and receiving money has never been this easy!
How to Become a Vodacom Mpesa Agent Lesotho
What are the Requirements to be a Vodacom Mpesa Agent Lesotho?
M-Pesa agents are businesses that sell e-money and/or cash to end-users (customers). The agents are registered entities, either as sole proprietors or as corporations. Customers' transactions are facilitated by the availability of cash or e-money.
In some cases, we engage the Spaza shops as well, based on their turnover and demand in the area they are located. The agent is paid a commission on all transactions between them and their customers.
The following documents are required to apply to be an M-Pesa agent:
1. Unregistered Entities (Spaza Shops/ Street Vendors)
- National Identity Document
2. Sole Traders
- Identity documents (Passport, ID)
- Traders License
- Proof of residence (Water bill, Electricity bill, Chief's Letter)
- Company Extract.
- Tax Clearance.
- Traders License.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Proof of residence (Water bill, Electricity bill, Chief's Letter).
- Identity documents of the primary contact person.
- Identity documents of shareholders with 25% or more shares.
- Board's resolution letter indicating the person in charge of M-Pesa daily.
- Identity document of the person who has been nominated in the resolution letter if it's not one of the directors and their proof of residence.