CARE is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to be based in Cameroon. The position’s purpose is to provide vision, leadership, and guidance of the project
CARE is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to be based in Cameroon. The position’s purpose is to provide vision, leadership, and guidance of the project internally, with project staff, and externally with USAID, host governments, other donors, and stakeholders.
The COP shall have principal responsibility for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that project tasks are completed and those project objectives are successfully met. S/he will lead the team and serve as the primary point of contact with the USAID Agreement Officer Representative in Cameroon regarding the implementation of activities and management matters relating to the agreement.
The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the agreement, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed; and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all experts/personnel.
S/he will be the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the agreement and will establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported. Finally, s/he will manage the preparation and presentation of all proposed implementation plans and reports.
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children.
CARE puts women and girls at the centre of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II.
It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location: Cameroon - Yaounde
Type of Post: Accompanied - Family
Expected Travel: up to 30% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement: ENGLISH
Application Deadline :
Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
Responsibilities of the Chief of Party (COP)
- Staff management
- Program and technical operations management to achieve program objectives
- Program reporting and documentation
- Networking and relationship building
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Chief of Party (COP)
- Masters level training in health and/or development
- At least 15 years of experience successfully managing and leading evaluations/research programs for complex international public health programs (implementation, logistics, budget, staffing) funded by USAID or international projects in Africa, ideally in francophone West or Central Africa
- Demonstrated ability in concepts, principles, methods and techniques of delivering public health programs for HIV/AIDS
- Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, donors, UN agencies and other USAID projects, local organizations and partners
- Demonstrated experience in managing USAID projects
- Ability to recruit, train, develop and manage staff
- Ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English and French
Applicants should send or mail their applications to email@example.com