WFP (World Food Program) needs the services of a Human Resource Associate to work in the WFP Human resource department in Yaounde in the Centre Region
WFP (World Food Program) needs the services of a Human Resource Associate to work in the WFP Human resource department in Yaounde in the Centre Region of Cameroon. The incumbent is expected to work under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, and the overall supervision of the Country Director.
Job Title: Human Resource Associate
Job Level: GS-6 (General Service) │ National Position
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Number of openings: 01
Unit/ Division: Human Resources
Contract duration: 12 months
Duty station: Yaoundé
Duties of the Human Resource Associate
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Support the HR unit in collecting HR data and metrics to identify important trends.
- Support the compilation of workforce analytics (leading and lagging indicators) and other ad-hoc reporting.
- Support HR initiatives such as long-term and annual planning by consolidating data and drafting reports.
- Consolidate monthly and quarterly oversight, quality assurance indicators for HR Officer presentations at Sr. Management Meetings and coordination/planning meetings
- Support in populating knowledge management platforms to archive and track the oversight and mission’s reports from countries.
- Monitor the established key performance indicators and reporting data of Country Offices and identify and suggest interventions necessary for improved performance monitoring using indicators.
- Support HR Officers to collect, track and monitor HR activities by countries with special attention to global and regional indicators, through the provision of timely intervention and technical assistance.
- Support the HR team in the data collection of the RB HR work plan and platform for knowledge management, as well as the compilation of data for reports, meetings, and HR activities for the region.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support
- staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering, and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Specific Tasks of the Human Resource Associate
- Handle recruitments for positions across the Country Office establishing close coordination with recruiting managers.
- Responsible for contracts’ management & administration, including preparation of contracts, processing, monitoring contract NTEs and liaising with managers for inputs.
- Responsible for reviewing recruitment procedures and business processes.
- Active involvement and contribution in the identification and implementation of local, regional corporate initiatives to strengthen the sourcing of talent.
- Provide briefing and guidance to new employees and take an active role in the review of the onboarding activities.
Education: GCE Advanced Level or Baccalauréat. A University degree including or supplemented by courses related to the area of work will be an asset.
Over 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in Human Resources.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience in HR Services operating standards across a range of international humanitarian contexts.
- Has good communication skills and understanding of HR principles and policies and their application to respond to and resolve HR queries.
- Has the ability to analyse and generate periodic reports and make recommendations for future actions.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain relationships with a large number of individuals within and outside WFP to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Has gained experience in supervising and coordinating the duties of subordinates, train and supervise junior staff within the HR unit.
- Has the ability to work with a minimum of supervision and to show leadership in carrying out administrative tasks in WFP's main guidelines and standards.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in either English or French with a good working knowledge of the other.
DEADLINE for application: 01st March 2021
For full details on this job and how to apply, click this link
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY