WFP (World Food Program) needs the services of an assistant Storekeeper to work in WFP warehouses in Mutegene in the South West Region of Cameroon.
WFP (World Food Program) needs the services of an assistant Storekeeper to work in WFP warehouses in Mutegene in the South West Region of Cameroon. As an assistant, you will be working under the close supervision of a Senior Storekeeper.
WFP Needs the Services of an Assistant Storekeeper
WFP in the South-West region operates through its field Office in Buea (Fako Division). The operations are focused on Fako, Meme and Manyu Divisions. The position will be based in Mutengene. The job is in WFP warehouses. You will be working under the close supervision of a Senior Storekeeper.
What is Expected of An Assistant Storekeeper (Responsibilities)?
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in the physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- The applicant is expected to have completed secondary school education (GCE A Level or Baccalaureat).
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in Pidgin is nice to have.
As an applicant for the job of Assistant Storekeeper, you are expected to have the following experiences:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work
- Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
- Experience in supporting warehouse management.
- Experience in supporting inventory management.
Deadline for application
Date: 26th February 2021 at 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
NB: This job is open only to Cameroonian Nationals.
WFP Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
For full details on this job and how to apply, click this link