Mtn MoMo Agent (mobile money agent) is a service that the Mtn Group has introduced in several countries it has been operating in for some years now.
Mtn MoMo Agent (mobile money agent) is a service of the Mtn Group introduced in several countries, and it has been operating in these countries for some years now. Most recently, Mtn Nigeria has instituted this mobile money service, making it easy for its clients to transfer and receive money nationwide and internationally.
What is Mtn MoMo (Mobile Money)
This service allows cash transfers to people who do not have a bank account anywhere in Nigeria. Simply, Mtn Nigerian employs or registers Agents who carry out cash withdrawals for customers without an ATM card or POS machines. This is a cardless withdrawal.
The sender can approach a Retail agent and initiate a transfer of funds. The funds can also be redeemed using the token generated at an agent’s location. Sending and receiving money has never been this easy!
Who is an Mtn MoMo Agent
This is an individual employed or registered by Mtn Nigeria and considered eligible to carryout Cash2Cash service that allows MTN customers to send and receive money from any part of Nigeria.
What do Mtn MoMo Agents Do?
- Creating Cash2Cash accounts for Mtn Customers which aids them to send and receive money anywhere in Nigeria
- Airtime and internet data purchase.
- Cash transfers
- Payment of Bills (Dstv, Water, Light, etc.)
How can you Become an Mtn MoMo Agent in Nigeria?
- Provide a viable means of identification (National ID, Driver’s License, International passport, or Voters card)
- Provide 1 passport photograph.
- Have an existing business or willing to invest in the agency business
- Have a Brick & Mortar/Immovable retail shop, e.g. Pharmacy Pop & Mom Shop located in a high foot traffic area.
- Capability to provide a Working Capital of N20,000 and above.
- You can also download the application form here.
- Alternatively, you can dial *502# for more information.
How Mtn MoMo Agents get Commissions
Mtn Nigeria Contacts for Assistance
- Call: 182
- WhatsApp: 08032003014 or 09030001782