Thus before buying a car or putting yourself on the highway, you need to know the different types or categories of driving license in Cameroon,
Different Types or Categories of Driver's License
The different categories of driver's license in Cameroon are:
- Category A1
- Category A
- Category B
- Category C
- Category D
- Category E
- Category F
- Category G
Let's dive into the different categories of the driver's license in Cameroon and the different types of vehicles:
1. Category A1: For driving a motorcycle with or without a sidecar, motor tricycles, and quadricycles with a cylinder capacity exceeding 50 cm3 without exceeding 125 cm3.
2. Category A: For driving a motorcycle with a cylinder capacity greater than 125 cm3.
3. Category B: For driving a motor vehicle with a permissible gross weight not exceeding 3,500 kgs and affected. This document can be used:
- It can be used for the transport of persons and comprising, in addition to the driver's seat, a maximum of eight seats,
- Also for the transport of goods.
A trailer with a maximum authorized weight not exceeding 750 kg can be attached to this vehicle.
4. Category C: For driving an isolated motor vehicle assigned to the transport of goods or materials and whose total authorized weight is greater than 3,500 kgs.
5. Category D: For driving a motor vehicle assigned to the transport of people and comprising in addition to the driver's seat, more than eight seats, and whose total authorized weight is greater than 3,500 kgs.
It is worth noting that children under 10 count as half a person when their number does not exceed ten.
This category's vehicle can be coupled with a trailer of which the authorized total weight does not exceed 750 kgs.
6. Category E: For driving motor vehicles of category B, C, or D, coupled to a trailer weighing more than 750 kg%, the authorized total weight of which is greater than the unladen weight of the towing vehicle or of which the sum of the total permissible laden weight (of the towing vehicle and of the trailer) is greater than 3,500 kgs.
7. Category F: Vehicles belonging to categories A1, A, and B are driven by invalids and specially equipped to take account of their invalidity.
This permit is subdivided into FA1, FA, and FB.
8. Category G: This permit applies to the following motor vehicles: agricultural tractors, public works machinery, or handling machinery.