MTN is a household name in Telecommunication in Cameroon and they are known to have its users at heart by meeting them at their numerous points of need with its various bundles and services.
MTN is a household name in Telecommunication in Cameroon, and they are known to have its users at heart by meeting them at their numerous points of need with its various bundles and services. In 2019, MTN Cameroon and other telecommunication networks in Cameroon like Orange Cameroon and Nexttel were fined 3.5 billion frs CFA by Cameroon Telecom regulator.
According to the communique, this is due to “repeated breaches of the decree n° 2015/3759/PM of September 3, 2015, setting the terms and conditions for subscribers and terminals’ identification. These breaches include sales of pre-registered sim cards, sim cards’ sales by road corners, phone numbers’ activation without prior identification, and ownership of more than three sim cards by a single private person.”
Due to this, MTN Cameroon has had to warn its users on the usage of phone numbers which are not activated. Since so many users are known to own several numbers without it being registered. Therefore MTN Cameroon is calling on all its users to have their numbers, especially that of their conserved SIM cards activated or this numbers will be recycled and sold.
Protect your MTN CAMEROON Number For Life
- Are you fun of travelling overseas or abroad for studies, business, work etc. and don't want to lose your number with MTN Cameroon?
- Do you also keep money in your mobile money account with MTN Cameroon and you travel abroad for more than 3 months to 6 months?
To protect your phone number or MoMo account, follow any of the instructions below:
- You can go to the nearest MTN Cameroon Service centre and tell them your wish.
- Before you travel call 8787 (MTN's Customer service and tell them your wish to protect your number because you are travelling)
- You can Dial *123*99# on your phone from home and follow the instructions to protect your number. This service will cost you 5000 frs yearly.
To help us grow, please click the share buttons below and share this article with your friends' thanks.